Monday, July 4, 2011

Creative Collab Potential In Google+ Hangouts - by Debbie

I recently joined Google+, Google's latest social media experiment. Yes, I know what you're all thinking:

My comic about joining Google+

I like the interface in Google+ much better than Facebook or other social networks, plus I like the fact that you can have overlapping Circles of people you follow. Uploading images. links and videos for sharing is a simple drag-and-drop.

The video chat Hangout in Google+ is also pretty darned cool. Easy to participate, no tech knowledge necessary. Yesterday I joined out that author Rebecca Woodhead had set up ("come join me!") and also met other Google+'ers from India and North Africa. Had an impromptu jam session with Rebecca (who sang from England) and Iyaz Akhtar from TWiT.tv (played guitar, though he had to leave early), Karim Benyagoub (North Africa) and Dheeraj Cheepati (India).

Rebeccachat

I like that the Google+ Hangouts can have open or closed invites. Rebecca had posted a public invite, but you can also just invite a small circle of friends (even just one friend). Major collab possibilities!

- Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment